All of our seminars are intended for busy nonprofit staff who don’t have the time to travel to a workshop, but who want to learn to apply strategic communication lessons to their work. Our packages tend to be tightly focused on a particular professional field and our seminars deliver lessons that can be immediately applied within a particular professional’s field of authority. These live, online seminars are designed to teach immediate practical lessons, while still remaining grounded in clear principles.
You are responsible for making sure that you can meet these requirements before you register to attend one of our online seminars. Please feel free to Contact Us with any questions you might have.
Seminar sessions are broadcast to you via Quicktime, and you can send in questions during the session via AOL Instant Messenger.
For this you will need:
- An internet connection (higher speed internet connections will yield smoother video delivery)
- An email account and email address
- The free Quicktime Player application (Quicktime – Free Download)
- The ability to access this test movie with Quicktime.
- A free AOL Instant Messaging account and client software (AIM Web Site)
- You will need everything mentioned above, except for the AIM account and application.
- In addition you will need: A PDF viewer. (If you use a Mac you will already have Preview. If you are on a PC you will need the free Adobe Reader.)
You will need to see the description page for the particular seminar you are interested in for this information. If you don’t have that web page handy, try the full topic list, or the list of the available on-demand seminars down the right side of this page.
Live online seminars presented by The Gilbert Center are open registration seminars, which means that anyone who can meet the technical requirements can attend. They are delivered online. (You can also hire us to present private seminars for your organization, or any group you put together. Read more about our Training Packages here.)
There is a base registration fee for each seminar, which covers the first student. The exact price depends on the seminar (length and complexity). There is a small fee for each additional student watching at the same computer, and at the same time, with the first. You will find the exact pricing on the registration form, which will be linked to from the seminars description page when we are currently accepting registrations for it. If you don’t have a link handy for the seminar, you can try the full topic list.
Date, time, and registration link will be listed on the seminar’s main webpage once we start accepting registrations for a live event. It will also be listed in a special note at the top of this page, once announced.
On-Demand Option: If you would like to attend a live seminar in our calendar, but our schedule doesn’t work for you, then you can now request the “On-Demand” option. What this means is that we will schedule time for you to watch the recording of the seminar when it is most convenient for you, within a couple weeks after the live session. Additionally, all of the seminars listed down the right side of this page are available to be watched on-demand any time that works best for you.
Michael Gilbert has a proven track record of helping individuals and organizations move the ideas he has taught in a seminar from concept to implementation during one-on-one consultations afterwards. He will answer any questions you have regarding the seminar materials, of course, but more importantly, you’ll have access to the discipline and focus that comes from his 20+ years of experience. He can help you develop a plan and get it started. One call or many, it all depends on how much help you need in your particular situation. Each call is 30 minutes in length and should be scheduled within two weeks after the seminar. Also, you may have additional people join the call on your end, if you like.
Location & Timing: These sessions can be held over the phone, or online via Skype with audio and video. The timing is somewhat flexible, and should be scheduled with the instructor, within two weeks after the seminar.
Technical Requirements: This depends on how you decide to conduct the consultation. We will discuss this with you when we are scheduling it with you.
Pricing: The price for one-on-one consultations is discounted by more than 50% if you purchase it as part of a seminar package.
|Length||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
- Not sure what you need? Contact us and we will schedule a call with you to discuss your situation and the options we can offer.
Telephone: (206) 201-1726 (Seattle, WA, USA)
Online Form: http://gilbert.org/contact/
- …see if we’re available on the day of your event (if it’s already scheduled).
- …tell us more about your event, so we can discuss whether we would be a good fit. (What is the topic and who is your audience?)
- …find out what a strategic survey might do for your event. Pre- and post-event surveys are often just opinion polls, but we can help you make them effective tools for supporting learning and change.
- Circulate our catalog to your staff or members to determine interest. If you’re not sure that our material will be of interest to your participants, try circulating our catalog to them and ask for feedback.
- Include our topics in a poll of your potential event participants. Take this additional step past circulating the catalog, and poll them about our “Areas of Interest” or select some specific topics and/or seminar titles from our catalog.